I've put a thread before:  pre-install 3-party Python package on spark
cluster

currently I use *Fabric* to manage my cluster , but it's not enough for me,
and I believe there is a much better way to *manage and monitor* the
cluster.

I believe there really exists some open source manage tools which provides
a web UI allowing me to [ what I need exactly ]:

   - monitor the cluster machine's state in real-time, say memory, network,
   disk
   - list all the services, packages on each machine
   - install / uninstall / upgrade / downgrade package through a web UI
   - start / stop / restart services on that machine

great thanks

--
a spark lover, a quant, a developer and a good man.

http://github.com/litaotao