assume I have the following code

SparkConf sparkConf = new SparkConf();

JavaSparkContext sqlCtx= new JavaSparkContext(sparkConf);

JavaRDD<MyType> rddMyType= generateRDD(); // some code

Encoder<MyType> evidence = Encoders.kryo(MyType.class);
Dataset<MyType> datasetMyType= sqlCtx.createDataset( rddMyType.rdd(), evidence);

Now I have a Dataset of MyType and assume there is some data.

Assume MyType has bean fields with getters and setters as well as some
internal collections and other data. What can I say about
datasetMyType??

Does datasetMyType have columns and if so what?

If not are there other ways to maka a DataSet with columns and if so
what are they