That's great man.

Note, if you don't want to struggle too much that you just have to download
the version you need here http://spark-notebook.io/
It can be whatever you want zip, tgz, docker or even deb ^^. So pick the
flavor you like the most.

I'd recommend you two things:
1. build on master to have access to coool features including the variables
panels (a la RStudio)
2. go over the existing examples (around 40 atm), which are including
dynamic charts for streaming, graph, geospatial, machine learning, etc.
Some are funny :-P (the US History for instance). Oh, the charts are all
scala based but there are some implicits that will save your life coz they
will render what you were thinking of without asking...

Have fun!
cheers,

andy