I have streaming application wherein I train the model using a receiver input
stream in 4 sec batches

val stream = ssc.receiverStream(receiver) //receiver gets new data every
batch
model.trainOn(stream.map(Vectors.parse))
If I use
model.latestModel.clusterCenters.foreach(println)

the value of cluster centers remain unchanged from the very initial value it
got during first iteration (when the streaming app started)

when I use the model to predict cluster assignment with a labeled input the
assignments change over time as expected

      testData.transform {rdd =>
        rdd.map(lp => (lp.label, model.latestModel().predict(lp.features)))
      }.print()