The reason I'm asking, I see a comment in the ExternalSorter class that
says this:

"If we need to aggregate by key, we either use a total ordering from the
ordering parameter, or read the keys with the same hash code and compare
them with each other for equality to merge values".

How can this be assumed if the object used for the key, for instance, in
the case where a HashPartitioner is used, cannot assume ordering and
therefore cannot assume a comparator can be used?