I don't think that exists right now, but it's definitely a good option to
have. I myself have run into this issue a few times.

Can you create a JIRA ticket so we can track it? Would be even better if
you are interested in working on a patch! Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Ewan Leith <ewan.le...@realitymine.com>
wrote:

> Hi Reynold, yes that would be perfect for our use case.
>
> I assume it doesn't exist though, otherwise I really need to go re-read the
> docs!
>
> Thanks to both of you for replying by the way, I know you must be hugely busy.
>
> Ewan
>
> Are you looking for "relaxed" mode that simply return nulls for fields
> that doesn't exist or have incompatible schema?
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Ewan Leith <ewan.le...@realitymine.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Michael, it's not a great example really, as the data I'm working
>> with has some source files that do fit the schema, and some that don't (out
>> of millions that do work, perhaps 10 might not).
>>
>> In an ideal world for us the select would probably return the valid records
>> only.
>>
>> We're trying out the new dataset APIs to see if we can do some pre-filtering
>> that way.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ewan
>>
>> -dev +user
>>
>> StructType(StructField(data,ArrayType(StructType(StructField(
>>> *stuff,ArrayType(*StructType(StructField(onetype,ArrayType(StructType(StructField(id,LongType,true),
>>> StructField(name,StringType,true)),true),true), StructField(othertype,
>>> ArrayType(StructType(StructField(company,StringType,true),