To comment…

At my company, we have not gotten it to work in any other mode than local. If
we try any of the yarn modes, it fails with a “file does not exist” error when
trying to locate the executable jar. I mentioned this to the Hue users group,
which we used for this, and they replied that the Spark Action is very basic
implementation and that they will be writing their own for production use.

That’s all I know...