hello, experts.

    I am a student. and recently, I read a paper about *Actor Model of
Computation:Scalable Robust Information System*. In the paper I am trying
to understand it's concept. But with the following sentence makes me
confusing.

# Messages are the unit of communication *1*

Reference to *1*

All physically computable functions can be implemented using the lambda
calculus. It is a consequence of the Actor Model that* there are some
computations that cannot be implemented in the lambda calculus*.

*My question*, What are there computations that cannot be implemented in
Lambda calculus ?

thanks.
Minglei.