Hi Patrick,

I think he means just write `/tmp/sparkserverlog` instead of
`file:/tmp/sparkserverlog`. However, I think both should work. What mode
are you running in, client mode (the default) or cluster mode? If the
latter your driver will be run on the cluster, and so your event logs won't
be on the machine you ran spark-submit from. Also, are you running
standalone, YARN or Mesos?

As Jeff commented above, if event log is in fact enabled you should see the
log message from EventLoggingListener. If the log message is not present in
your driver logs, it's likely that the configurations in your
spark-defaults.conf are not passed correctly.

-Andrew