Very interested, Evan, thanks for the link. It has given me some food for
thought.

I’m also in the process of building a web application which leverage Spark on
the back-end for some heavy lifting. I would be curious about your thoughts on
my proposed architecture:
I was planning on running a spark-streaming app which listens for incoming
messages on a dedicated queue, and then returns them on a separate one. The
RESTful web service would handle incoming requests by putting an appropriate
message on the input queue, and then listen for a response on the output queue,
transforming the output message into an appropriate HTTP response. How do you
think this will fair vs. interacting with the spark job service? I was hoping
that I could minimize the time to launch spark jobs by keeping a streaming app
running in the background.