> For example, if you're looking to scale out to 1000 concurrent requests,
> this is 1000 concurrent Spark jobs.  This would require a cluster with 1000
> cores.

This doesn't make sense.  A Spark Job is a driver/DAGScheduler concept
without any 1:1 correspondence between Worker cores and Jobs.  Cores are
used to run Tasks, not Jobs.  So, yes, a 1000 core cluster can run at most
1000 simultaneous Tasks, but that doesn't really tell you anything about
how many Jobs are or can be concurrently tracked by the DAGScheduler, which
will be apportioning the Tasks from those concurrent Jobs across the
available Executor cores.