Hi,
 I am working with bioinformatics and trying to convert some scripts to
sparkR to fit into other spark jobs.

I tries a simple example from a bioinf lib and as soon as I start sparkR
environment it does not work.

code as follows -
countData <- matrix(1:100,ncol=4)
condition <- factor(c("A","A","B","B"))
dds <- DESeqDataSetFromMatrix(countData, DataFrame(condition), ~ condition)

Works if i dont initialize the sparkR environment.
 if I do library(SparkR) and sqlContext <- sparkRSQL.init(sc)  it gives
following error

> dds <- DESeqDataSetFromMatrix(countData, as.data.frame(condition), ~
condition)
Error in DataFrame(colData, row.names = rownames(colData)) :
  cannot coerce class "data.frame" to a DataFrame

I am really stumped. I am not using any spark function , so i would expect
it to work as a simple R code.
why it does not work?

Appreciate  the help
-R