There are many solutions to a problem.

Also understand that sometimes your situation might be such. For ex what if
you are accessing S3 from your Spark job running in your continuous
integration server sitting in your data center or may be a box under your
desk. And sometimes you are just trying something.

Also understand that sometimes you want answers to solve your problem at
hand without redirecting you to something else. Understand what you
suggested is an appropriate way of doing it, which I myself have proposed
before, but that doesn't solve the OP's problem at hand.

Regards
Sab
On 15-Mar-2016 8:27 pm, "Gourav Sengupta" <gourav.sengu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh!!! What the hell!!!!
>
> Please never use the URI
>
> *s3n://AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID:AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY.*That is a major cause of
> pain, security issues, code maintenance issues and ofcourse something that
> Amazon strongly suggests that we do not use. Please use roles and you will
> not have to worry about security.
>
> Regards,
> Gourav Sengupta
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Sabarish Sasidharan <
> sabarish....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You have a slash before the bucket name. It should be @<bucket name>.
>>
>> Regards
>> Sab
>> On 15-Mar-2016 4:03 pm, "Yasemin Kaya" <godo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Spark 1.6.0 standalone and I want to read a txt file from S3
>>> bucket named yasemindeneme and my file name is deneme.txt. But I am getting
>>> this error. Here is the simple code
>>> <https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6d174f8587f0f3fd2334>
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
>>> hostname in URI s3n://AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID:AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY@
>>> /yasemindeneme/deneme.txt
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3Credentials.initialize(S3Credentials.java:45)
>>> at