From: tinyocean [mailto:haiyiz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:22 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Error in "java.io.IOException: No input paths specified in job"

Hello,

I am learning sparkR by myself and have little computer background.

I am following the examples on
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sparkr.html
and running

/sc <- sparkR.init(sparkPackages="com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.0.3")
sqlContext <- sparkRSQL.init(sc)

people <- read.df(sqlContext, "./examples/src/main/resources/people.json",
"json")
head(people)/

But got
/Error in invokeJava(isStatic = TRUE, className, methodName, ...) :
  java.io.IOException: No input paths specified in job
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInputFormat.java:201)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:313)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.HadoopRDD.getPartitions(HadoopRDD.scala:199)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:239)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:237)
        at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:120)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.partitions(RDD.scala:237)
        at
org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.getPartitions(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:35)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:239)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:237)
        at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:120)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.partitions(RDD.scala:237)
        at
org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.getPartitions(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:35)
        at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfu/

Could you please tell me where I got it wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks.

Regards,
Amy