Hi Mingwei,

In your Spark conf setting what are you providing for these parameters. *Are
you capping them?*

For example

  val conf = new SparkConf().
               setAppName("AppName").
               setMaster("local[2]").
               set("spark.executor.memory", "4G").
               set("spark.cores.max", "2").
               set("spark.driver.allowMultipleContexts", "true")
  val sc = new SparkContext(conf)

I assume you are running in standalone mode so each worker/aka slave grabs
all the available cores and allocates the remaining memory on each host. Do
not provide these in

Do not provide new values for these parameter meaning overwrite them in

*${SPARK_HOME}/bin/spark-submit  --*

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

On 10 May 2016 at 03:12, 李明伟 <kramer2...@126.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> What if I use batch calculation instead of stream computing? Do I still
>>> need that much memory? For example, if the 24 hour data set is 100 GB. Do I
>>> also need a 100GB RAM to do the one time batch calculation ?
>>>

>>> At 2016-05-09 15:14:47, "Saisai Shao" <sai.sai.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> For window related operators, Spark Streaming will cache the data into
>>> memory within this window, in your case your window size is up to 24 hours,
>>> which means data has to be in Executor's memory for more than 1 day, this
>>> may introduce several problems when memory is not enough.
>>>
>>> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <
>>> mich.talebza...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ok terms for Spark Streaming
>>>
>>> "Batch interval" is the basic interval at which the system with receive
>>> the data in batches.
>>> This is the interval set when creating a StreamingContext. For example,
>>> if you set the batch interval as 300 seconds, then any input DStream will
>>> generate RDDs of received data at 300 seconds intervals.
>>> A window operator is defined by two parameters -
>>> - WindowDuration / WindowsLength - the length of the window
>>> - SlideDuration / SlidingInterval - the interval at which the window
>>> will slide or move forward
>>>

>>> Ok so your batch interval is 5 minutes. That is the rate messages are
>>> coming in from the source.
>>>
>>> Then you have these two params
>>>
>>> // window length - The duration of the window below that must be
>>> multiple of batch interval n in = > StreamingContext(sparkConf, Seconds(n))
>>> val windowLength = x =  m * n
>>> // sliding interval - The interval at which the window operation is
>>> performed in other words data is collected within this "previous interval'
>>> val slidingInterval =  y l x/y = even number
>>>
>>> Both the window length and the slidingInterval duration must be
>>> multiples of the batch interval, as received data is divided into batches
>>> of duration "batch interval".
>>>
>>> If you want to collect 1 hour data then windowLength =  12 * 5 * 60
>>> seconds
>>> If you want to collect 24 hour data then windowLength =  24 * 12 * 5 *
>>> 60
>>>
>>> You sliding window should be set to batch interval = 5 * 60 seconds. In
>>> other words that where the aggregates and summaries come for your report.
>>>
>>> What is your data source here?
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>

>>> Dr Mich Talebzadeh
>>>
>>> LinkedIn *
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>*
>>>
>>> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>>>

>>> On 9 May 2016 at 04:19, kramer2...@126.com <kramer2...@126.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have some stream data need to be calculated and considering use spark
>>> stream to do it.
>>>
>>> We need to generate three kinds of reports. The reports are based on

>>> 2. The last 1 hour data