I have a custom  hive-site.xml for spark in sparks conf directory.
These properties are the minimal ones that you need for spark, I believe.

hive.metastore.kerberos.principal = copy from your hive-site.xml,  i.e.
"hive/_h...@foo.com"
hive.metastore.uris = copy from your hive-site.xml,  i.e.
thrift://ms1.foo.com:9083
hive.metastore.sasl.enabled = true
hive.security.authorization.enabled = false

Cheers,

Doug