Marco, Ted, thanks for your time. I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough. We
have two sources,

1) sql server
2) files are pushed onto edge node by upstreams on a daily basis.

Point 1 has been achieved by using JDBC format in spark sql.

Point 2 has been achieved by using shell script.

My only concern is about point 2. To see if there is any way I can do it in
my spark app instead os shell script.

Thanks.