Agreed with Mich

The spark driver is the program that declares the transformations and
actions on RDDs of data and submits such requests to the master.

*spark.driver.host :* Hostname or IP address for the driver to listen on.
This is used for communicating with the executors and the standalone Master.

hostname -f return FQDN add this to /etc/hosts file (
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/solrhe/Securing-Optimizing-Linux-RH-Edition-v1.3/chap9sec95.html
)

*Doc:*
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/configuration.html