Hi,

Before you try to do it inside another environment like an IDE, could
you build Spark using mvn or sbt and only when successful try to run
SparkPi using spark-submit run-example. With that, you could try to
have a complete environment inside your beloved IDE (and I'm very glad
to hear it's IDEA :))

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----