PySpark RDDs are (on the Java side) are essentially RDD of pickled objects
and mostly (but not entirely) opaque to the JVM. It is possible (by using
some internals) to pass a PySpark DataFrame to a Scala library (you may or
may not find the talk I gave at Spark Summit useful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6DkTVvy9vk as well as some of the Python
examples in
https://github.com/high-performance-spark/high-performance-spark-examples
). Good luck! :)