From: jonathaka...@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 20:56:40 +0000
Subject: Re: Logging trait in Spark 2.0
To: yuzhih...@gmail.com; ppatie...@live.com
CC: user@spark.apache.org

Ted, how is that thread related to Paolo's question?
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 1:50 PM Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com> wrote:
See this related thread:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/q3RTtEor1vYWbsW&subj=RE+Configuring+Log4J+Spark+1+5+on+EMR+4+1+

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Paolo Patierno <ppatie...@live.com> wrote:

Hi,

developing a Spark Streaming custom receiver I noticed that the Logging trait
isn't accessible anymore in Spark 2.0.

trait Logging in package internal cannot be accessed in package
org.apache.spark.internal

For developing a custom receiver what is the preferred way for logging ? Just
using log4j dependency as any other Java/Scala library/application ?

Thanks,
Paolo

Paolo PatiernoSenior Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Windows Embedded & IoTMicrosoft Azure Advisor
Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience