You can try to play with experimental flags [1]
`spark.executor.userClassPathFirst`
and `spark.driver.userClassPathFirst`. But this can also potentially break
other things (like: dependencies that Spark master required initializing
overridden by Spark app and so on) so, you will need to verify.

[1] https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/configuration.html

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Chen Song <chen.song...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to spam people who are not interested. Greatly appreciate it if
> anyone who is familiar with this can share some insights.
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 2:28 PM Chen Song <chen.song...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I ran into problems to use class loader in Spark. In my code (run within
>> executor), I explicitly load classes using the ContextClassLoader as below.
>>
>> Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()
>>
>> The jar containing the classes to be loaded is added via the --jars
>> option in spark-shell/spark-submit.
>>
>> I always get the class not found exception. However, it seems to work if
>> I compile these classes in main jar for the job (the jar containing the
>> main job class).
>>
>> I know Spark implements its own class loaders in a particular way. Is
>> there a way to work around this? In other words, what is the proper way to
>> programmatically load classes in other jars added via --jars in Spark?

Cheers,
Praj