Hi,
  I have two virtual pcs on private cloud (ubuntu 14). I installed spark
2.0 preview on both machines. I then tried to test it with standalone mode.
I have no problem start the master. However, when I start the worker
(slave) on another machine, it makes many attempts to connect to master and
failed at the end.
  I can ssh from each machine to another without any problem. I can also
run a master and worker at the same machine without any problem.

What did I miss? Any clue?

here are the messages:

WARN NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform ... using builtin-java classes where applicable
INFO Worker: Connecting to master ip:7077 ...
INFO Worker: Retrying connection to master (attempt #1)
INFO Worker: Retrying connection to master (attempt #7)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: TransportClient has
not yet been set.
       at scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:224)
WARN NettyRocEnv: Ignored failure: java.io.IOException: Connecting to
ip:7077 timed out
WARN Worker: Failed to connect to master ip.7077

Thanks,
Neil