From: Everett Anderson [mailto:ever...@nuna.com.INVALID]
Sent: 21 July 2016 17:01
To: Gourav Sengupta <gourav.sengu...@gmail.com>
Cc: Teng Qiu <teng...@gmail.com>; Andy Davidson
<a...@santacruzintegration.com>; user <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Role-based S3 access outside of EMR

Hey,

FWIW, we are using EMR, actually, in production.

The main case I have for wanting to access S3 with Spark outside of EMR is that
during development, our developers tend to run EC2 sandbox instances that have
all the rest of our code and access to some of the input data on S3. It'd be
nice if S3 access "just worked" on these without storing the access keys in an
exposed manner.

Teng -- when you say you use EMRFS, does that mean you copied AWS's EMRFS JAR
from an EMR cluster and are using it outside? My impression is that AWS hasn't
released the EMRFS implementation as part of the aws-java-sdk, so I'm wary of
using it. Do you know if it's supported?

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Gourav Sengupta