I have some very long lived streaming apps. They have been running for
several months. I wonder if something has changed recently? I first started
working with spark-1.3 . I am using the stand alone cluster manager. The way
I would submit my app to run in cluster mode was port 6066

Looking at the spark-1.6 it seems like we are supposed to use port 7077 and
the  new argument

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/submitting-applications.html#launching-a
pplications-with-spark-submit
* --deploy-mode: Whether to deploy your driver on the worker nodes (cluster)
or locally as an external client (client) (default: client) †

Can anyone confirm this. It took me a very long time to figure out how to
get things to run cluster mode.

Thanks

Andy