Hi,

Where's this yarn-client mode specified? When you said "However, when
I run the job I see that the stage which reads the directory has only
8 tasks." -- how do you see 8 tasks for a stage? It appears you're in
local[*] mode on a 8-core machine (like me) and that's why I'm asking
such basic questions.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----