You should use df.where(conditionExpr) which is more convenient to express some
simple term in SQL.

/**
 * Filters rows using the given SQL expression.
 * {{{
 *   peopleDf.where("age > 15")
 * }}}
 * @group dfops
 * @since 1.5.0
 */
def where(conditionExpr: String): DataFrame = {
  filter(Column(SqlParser.parseExpression(conditionExpr)))
}