Good summary! One more advantage of running spark on mesos: community
support. There are quite a big user base that runs spark on mesos, so if
you encounter a problem with your deployment, it's very likely you can get
the answer by a simple google search, or asking in the spark/mesos user
list. By contrast it's not likely to achieve the same with spark on k8s.