Hello,

My understanding is that YARN executor container memory is based on
"spark.executor.memory" + “spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead”. The first one
is for heap memory and second one is for offheap memory. The
spark.executor.memory is used by -Xmx to set the max heap size. Now my question
is why it does not count permgen size and memory used by stack. They are not
part of the max heap size. IMHO, YARN executor container memory should be set
to:  spark.executor.memory  + [-XX:MaxPermSize] + number_of_threads * [-Xss] +
spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead. What did I miss?

Lan