One way you can start to make this make more sense, Sean, is if you exploit
the code/data duality so that the non-distributed data that you are sending
out from the driver is actually paying a role more like code (or at least
parameters.)  What is sent from the driver to an Executer is then used
(typically as seeds or parameters) to execute some procedure on the Worker
node that generates the actual data on the Workers.  After that, you
proceed to execute in a more typical fashion with Spark using the
now-instantiated distributed data.

But I don't get the sense that this meta-programming-ish style is really
what the OP was aiming at.