Tal: I think by nature of the project itself, Python APIs are developed
after Scala and Java, and it is a fair trade off between speed of getting
stuff to market. And more and more this discussion is progressing, I see
not much issue in terms of feature parity.

Coming back to performance, Darren raised a good point: if I can scale out,
individual VM performance should not matter much. But performance is often
stated as a definitive downside of using Python over scala/java. I am
trying to understand the truth and myth behind this claim. Any pointer
would be great.

best
Ayan

--