Hi Mitch,

   1. What do you mean "my own rating" here? You know the products. So what
   Amazon is going to provide by way of Kafka?

The idea was to embed the functionality of a kafka producer within a rest
service in order i can invoke this logic with my a rating. I did not create
such functionality because i started to make another things, i get bored,
basically. I created some unix commands with this code, using sbt-pack.

   1. Assuming that you have created topic specifically for this purpose
   then that topic is streamed into Kafka, some algorithms is applied and
   results are saved in DB

you got it!

   1. You have some dashboard that will fetch data (via ???) from the DB
   and I guess Zeppelin can do it here?

No, not any dashboard yet. Maybe it is not a good idea to connect mongodb
with a dashboard through a web socket. It probably works, for a proof of
concept, but, in a real project? i don't know yet...

You can see what i did to push data within a kafka topic in this scala class
<https://github.com/alonsoir/awesome-recommendation-engine/blob/master/src/main/scala/example/producer/AmazonProducerExample.scala>,
you have to invoke pack within the scala shell to create this unix command.

Regards!

Alonso

Alonso Isidoro Roman
[image: https://]about.me/alonso.isidoro.roman