Hi,

I am having a problem with the SparkR API. I need to subset a distributed
data so I can extract single values from it on which I can then do
calculations.

Each row of my df has two integer values, I am creating a vector of new
values calculated as a series of sin, cos, tan functions on these two
values. Does anyone have an idea how to do this in SparkR?

So far I tried subsetting with [], [[]], subset(), but mostly I get the
error

object of type 'S4' is not subsettable

Is there any way to do such a thing in SparkR? Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Also let me know if you need more information, code etc.
Thanks!