Mich,

It sounds like that there would be no harm in changing then. Are you saying
that using STS would still use MapReduce to run the SQL statements? What our
users are doing in our CDH 5.7.2 installation is changing the execution engine
to Spark when connected to HiveServer2 to get faster results. Would they still
have to do this using STS? Lastly, we are seeing zombie YARN jobs left behind
even after a user disconnects. Are you seeing this happen with STS? If not,
then this would be even better.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Cheers,
Ben