Hi

CLOSE_WAIT!

According to this <https://access.redhat.com/solutions/437133> link

- CLOSE_WAIT - Indicates that the server has received the first FIN signal
from the client and the connection is in the process of being closed .So
this essentially means that his is a state where socket is waiting for the
application to execute close() . A socket can be in CLOSE_WAIT state
indefinitely until the application closes it. Faulty scenarios would be
like file descriptor leak, server not being execute close() on socket
leading to pile up of close_wait sockets
- The CLOSE_WAIT status means that the other side has initiated a
connection close, but the application on the local side has not yet closed
the socket

Normally it should be LISTEN or ESTABLISHED.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com