you'll see errors like this...

"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.RequestMessage; local class incompatible: stream
classdesc serialVersionUID = -2221986757032131007, local class
serialVersionUID = -5447855329526097695"

...when mixing versions of spark.

i'm actually seeing this right now while testing across Spark 1.6.1 and
Spark 2.0.1 for my all-in-one, hybrid cloud/on-premise Spark + Zeppelin +
Kafka + Kubernetes + Docker + One-Click Spark ML Model Production
Deployments initiative documented here:

https://github.com/fluxcapacitor/pipeline/wiki/Kubernetes-Docker-Spark-ML

and check out my upcoming meetup on this effort either in-person or online:

http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/events/233978839/

we're throwing in some GPU/CUDA just to sweeten the offering!  :)

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Holden Karau <hol...@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:

> I don't think a 2.0 uber jar will play nicely on a 1.5 standalone cluster.
>

> On Saturday, September 10, 2016, Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You should be able to get it to work with 2.0 as uber jar.
>>
>> What type cluster you are running on? YARN? And what distribution?
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM -0700, "Holden Karau" <
>> hol...@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:
>>
>> You really shouldn't mix different versions of Spark between the master
>> and worker nodes, if your going to upgrade - upgrade all of them. Otherwise
>> you may get very confusing failures.
>>
>> On Monday, September 5, 2016, Rex X <dnsr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wish to use the Pivot Table feature of data frame which is available
>>> since Spark 1.6. But the spark of current cluster is version 1.5. Can we
>>> install Spark 2.0 on the master node to work around this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> --
>> Cell : 425-233-8271
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/holdenkarau
>>

> --
> Cell : 425-233-8271

*Chris Fregly*
Research Scientist @ *PipelineIO* <http://pipeline.io>
*Advanced Spark and TensorFlow Meetup*
<http://www.meetup.com/Advanced-Spark-and-TensorFlow-Meetup/>
*San Francisco* | *Chicago* | *Washington DC*