Hi Mich,

While Alluxio is not a database (it exposes a file system interface), you
can use Alluxio to keep certain data in memory. With Alluxio, you can
selectively pin data in memory (http://www.alluxio.org/docs/
master/en/Command-Line-Interface.html#pin). There are also ways to control
how to read and write the data in Alluxio memory (
http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/File-System-API.html). These options
and features can help you control how you access your data.

Thanks,
Gene