Thanks, but here is my argument that they may not be seen as different
purpose: I am thinking both Redshift and Hive as a data warehousing
solutions, with STS as a mechanism to lift hive's performance (if Tez or
LLAP can provide similar performance, I am fine to use Hive Thrift Server
as well).

So, I want to build and implement core DWH models (read star schema) on
Hive and expose it through some non-mapreduce framework.

Does that make sense? Or I am thinking in wrong path and Redshift can do
something more?

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha