Hi Mich,

I guess you could use nullValue option by setting it to null.

If you are reading them into strings at the first please, then, you would
meet https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/14118 first which is resolved
from 2.0.1

Unfortunately, this bug also exists in external csv library for strings if
I recall correctly.

However, it'd be fine if you set the schema explicitly when you load as
this bug does not exists for floats at least.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks!