Hi,

I am trying to read a json into a dataframe and then to a dataset.
I am facing the below issue. Could someone quickly help me.

There is a PrintDF dataframe was created successfully and below is the schema.

scala> personDF.printSchema();
root
|-- personDF: struct (nullable = true)
|    |-- city: string (nullable = true)
|    |-- line1: string (nullable = true)
|    |-- postalCode: string (nullable = true)
|    |-- state: string (nullable = true)
|    |-- type1: string (nullable = true)

I created a case class to capture the above DF.

scala> case class
address1(city:String,line1:String,postalCode:String,state:String,type1:String)
defined class address1

Below is the data that personDF has at the moment

scala> personzDF.show()

+--------------------+
|            personDF|
+--------------------+
|[CENTERPORT,5 PRO...|
|[HUNTINGTON,94 JA...|
|[RIVERHEAD,9 PATT...|
|[NORTHPORT,50 LIS...|
|[NORTHPORT,24 LAU...|
|[NORTHPORT,340 SC...|
|[GREENLAWN,166 BR...|
|[MELVILLE,1 MERID...|
+--------------------+

Finally while I am creating dataset, I am getting the below error.

scala> val ds = personDF.as[address1]
<console>:32: error: overloaded method value as with alternatives:
  (alias: Symbol)org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame <and>
  (alias: String)org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame
does not take type parameters
       val ds = personDF.as[address1]

I did google search and could not find the reason.

Thanks,
Sivaram

in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.