Jean,

I see your point. For the incremental data, which is very small, I should make
sure that the PARTITION BY in the OVER(PARTITION BY ...) is left out so that
all the data will be in one partition when assigned a row number. The query
below should avoid any problems.

“SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER() + b.id_max AS id, a.* FROM source a CROSS JOIN
(SELECT COALESCE(MAX(id),0) AS id_max FROM tmp_destination) b”.

But initially, I’ll use the monotonicallyIncreasingId function when I first
load the data.

Thanks,
Ben