Has anyone worked with AWS Kinesis and retrieved data from it using Spark
Streaming? I am having issues where it’s returning no data. I can connect to
the Kinesis stream and describe using Spark. Is there something I’m missing?
Are there specific IAM security settings needed? I just simply followed the
Word Count ASL example. When it didn’t work, I even tried to run the code
independently in Spark shell in yarn-client mode by hardcoding the arguments.
Still, there was no data even with the setting InitialPositionInStream.LATEST
changed to InitialPositionInStream.TRIM_HORIZON.

If anyone can help, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ben