I figured out JOB id returned from sparkAppHandle.getAppId(), is unique
ApplicationId which looks like these:

for Local mode Spark env: Local-1477184581895
For Distributed Spark mode: Application_1477504900821_0005

ApplicationId represents the globally unique identifier for an application.

The globally unique nature of the identifier is achieved by using the cluster
timestamp i.e. start-time of the ResourceManager along with a monotonically
increasing counter for the application.