Hi Ayan,
After deployment, we might re-train it every month. That is whole different
problem I have explored yet. classification algorithm will for sure need to
Fit against new dataset to produce new model. Correct me if I am wrong but
I think I will also FIt new IDF model based on new dataset. At that time as
well I will follow same training-validation split (or corss-validation) to
evaluate model performance on new data before releasing it to make
prediction. So afik , every time you  need to re-train model you will need
to corss validate using some data split strategy.

I think spark ML document should start explaining mathematical model or
simple algorithm what Fit and Transform means for particular algorithm
(IDF, NaiveBayes)

Thanks