Hi,

I use CSV and other text files to Kafka just to test Kafka + Spark
Streaming by using direct stream. That's why I don't want Spark streaming
reads CSVs or text files directly.
In addition, I don't want a giant batch of records like the link you sent.
The problem is that we should receive the "similar" number of record of all
batchs instead of the first two or three batches have so large number of
records (e.g., 100K) but the last 1000 batches with only 200 records.

I know that the problem is not from the auto.offset.reset=largest, but I
don't know what I can do in this case.

Do you and other ones could suggest me some solutions please as this seems
the normal situation with Kafka+SpartStreaming.

Thanks.
Alex