Another use case for Spark is to use its in-memory and parallel processing
on RDBMS data.

This may sound a bit strange, but you can access your RDBMS table from
Spark via JDBC with parallel processing and engage the speed of Spark to
accelerate the queries.

To do this you may need to parallelise you JDBC connection to RDBMS table
and you will need to have a primary key on the table.

I am going to test it to see how performant it is to offer Spark as a fast
query engine for RDNMS.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *