Thanks Deppak

but get the same error unfortunately

ADD_JARS="/home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar" spark-shell
Spark context Web UI available at http://50.140.197.217:4041
Spark context available as 'sc' (master = local[*], app id =
local-1482842478988).
Spark session available as 'spark'.
Welcome to
      ____              __
     / __/__  ___ _____/ /__
    _\ \/ _ \/ _ `/ __/  '_/
   /___/ .__/\_,_/_/ /_/\_\   version 2.0.0
      /_/
Using Scala version 2.11.8 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, Java
1.8.0_77)
Type in expressions to have them evaluated.
Type :help for more information.
scala> val HiveContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)
warning: there was one deprecation warning; re-run with -deprecation for
details
HiveContext: org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext =
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext@a323a5b
scala> //val sqlContext = new HiveContext(sc)
scala> println ("\nStarted at"); spark.sql("SELECT
FROM_unixtime(unix_timestamp(), 'dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss.ss')
").collect.foreach(println)
Started at
[27/12/2016 12:41:43.43]
scala> //
scala> var _ORACLEserver= "jdbc:oracle:thin:@rhes564:1521:mydb12"
_ORACLEserver: String = jdbc:oracle:thin:@rhes564:1521:mydb12
scala> var _username = "scratchpad"
_username: String = scratchpad
scala> var _password = "oracle"
_password: String = oracle
scala> //
scala> val s = HiveContext.read.format("jdbc").options(
     | Map("url" -> _ORACLEserver,
     | "dbtable" -> "(SELECT ID, CLUSTERED, SCATTERED, RANDOMISED,
RANDOM_STRING, SMALL_VC, PADDING FROM scratchpad.dummy)",
     | "partitionColumn" -> "ID",
     | "lowerBound" -> "1",
     | "upperBound" -> "100000000",
     | "numPartitions" -> "10",
     | "user" -> _username,
     | "password" -> _password)).load
  at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:315)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcUtils$$anonfun$2.apply(JdbcUtils.scala:54)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcUtils$$anonfun$2.apply(JdbcUtils.scala:54)
  at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:121)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcUtils$.createConnectionFactory(JdbcUtils.scala:53)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JDBCRDD$.resolveTable(JDBCRDD.scala:123)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JDBCRelation.<init>(JDBCRelation.scala:117)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcRelationProvider.createRelation(JdbcRelationProvider.scala:53)
  at
org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:315)
  at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:149)
  at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:122)
  ... 56 elided

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

On 27 December 2016 at 11:37, Deepak Sharma <deepakmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>   at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JDBCRelation
>> .<init>(JDBCRelation.scala:117)
>>   at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcRelation
>> Provider.createRelation(JdbcRelationProvider.scala:53)
>>   at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.
>> resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:315)
>>   at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:149)
>>   at org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:122)
>>   ... 56 elided
>>

>> Dr Mich Talebzadeh
>>

>> LinkedIn *
>> https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>

>> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

>> On 27 December 2016 at 11:23, Deepak Sharma <deepakmc...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I meant ADD_JARS as you said --jars is not working for you with

>>> Deepak
>>> www.bigdatabig.com