From: Raymond Xie <xie3208...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 10:30 PM
To: user <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: How to connect Tableau to databricks spark?

I want to do some data analytics work by leveraging Databricks spark platform
and connect my Tableau desktop to it for data visualization.

Does anyone ever make it? I've trying to follow the instruction below but not
successful?

https://docs.cloud.databricks.com/docs/latest/databricks_guide/01%20Databricks%20Overview/14%20Third%20Party%20Integrations/01%20Setup%20JDBC%20or%20ODBC.html

I got an error message in Tableau's attempt to connect:

Unable to connect to the server
"ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>".
 Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the
requested database.

"ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com<http://ec2-35-160-128-113.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com>"
 is the hostname of a EC2 instance I just created on AWS, I may have some
missing there though as I am new to AWS.

I am not sure that is related to account issue, I was using my Databricks
account in Tableau to connect it.

Thank you very much. Any clue is appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Raymond