From: Raju Bairishetti <r...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:00 AM
To: user @spark
Subject: Re: Spark sql query plan contains all the partitions from hive table
even though filtering of partitions is provided

Had a high level look into the code. Seems getHiveQlPartitions  method from
HiveMetastoreCatalog is getting called irrespective of
metastorePartitionPruning conf value.

 It should not fetch all partitions if we set metastorePartitionPruning to true
(Default value for this is false)

def getHiveQlPartitions(predicates: Seq[Expression] = Nil): Seq[Partition] = {
  val rawPartitions = if (sqlContext.conf.metastorePartitionPruning) {
    table.getPartitions(predicates)
  } else {
    allPartitions
  }

def getPartitions(predicates: Seq[Expression]): Seq[HivePartition] =
  client.getPartitionsByFilter(this, predicates)

lazy val allPartitions = table.getAllPartitions

But somehow getAllPartitions is getting called eventough after setting
metastorePartitionPruning to true.

Am I missing something or looking at wrong place?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Raju Bairishetti