From: Saliya Ekanayake <esal...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:33 PM
To: spline_pal...@yahoo.com
Cc: jasbir.s...@accenture.com; User
Subject: Re: Spark #cores

The Spark version I am using is 2.10. The language is Scala. This is running in
standalone cluster mode.

Each worker is able to use all physical CPU cores in the cluster as is the
default case.

I was using the following parameters to spark-submit

--conf spark.executor.cores=1 --conf spark.default.parallelism=32

Later, I read that the term "cores" doesn't mean physical CPU cores but rather
#tasks that an executor can execute.

Anyway, I don't have a clear idea how to set the number of executors per
physical node. I see there's an option in the Yarn mode, but it's not available
for standalone cluster mode.

Thank you,
Saliya

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Palash Gupta